1234 First Street
Anycity, Anystate 12345
Education and Professional Training:
Accredited Farm Manager (AFM) by the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers 2002
B.S. Agricultural Science, University of New York, NY (1994)
Grew up on a family farm and participated in agricultural programs for young people, such as the National FFA Organization and the 4-H youth educational programs.
Assistant Agricultural Manager
White Lake Farm Inc.
New York, 2002 - Present
* Plan activities to minimize environmental degradation, monitor environmental effects of farming activities and repair existing damage through programs such as tree planting.
* Direct and manage the farm business capital; plans the strategic direction of the farm.
* Responsible for managing the financial aspects of the business by controlling income and expenses.
* Breed and raise livestock, such as beef cattle, dairy cattle, goats, horses, reindeer, sheep, and swine, for such purposes as sale of meat, riding or working stock, breeding, or for show; and for products, such as milk, wool, and hair.
* Clean and maintain buildings, sheds, pens, equipment and facilities to maintain health standards and high quality of produce.
* Select pasture, range, and croplands to graze animals and produce feed crops.
* Decide and advise on the kind of crops to be grown, the area to be sown or planted and the livestock to be raised.
Uniondale, NY, 1995 - 2001
* Planned, monitored and scheduled farming activities and performed farming activities such as planting, cultivating, irrigating, harvesting, applying herbicide, pesticide and fertilizer.
* Received work requests from project leaders who are performing research on designated plots of land or with research animals and discussed feasibility with Farm Managers.
* Monitored and performed the care, feeding and watering of animals.
* Observed animals to detect signs of illness or injury and treated minor injuries and illnesses; contacted veterinarian to treat serious illness or injury.
* Monitored the processing and processed animals which included weighing the animal, assigning ear tag number and attaching tag to ear, vaccinating, castrating and dehorning.
Uniondale, NY, 1990 - 1994
* Cared for animals by performing such tasks as feeding, mucking out, caring for sick animals, preparing cows for milking, and operating milking machinery.
* Ploughed fields, sowed, tended and harvested crops, spread fertilizer and sprayed crops.
* Drove and maintained tractors and combine harvesters and other vehicles.
* Maintained farm buildings, laid and trimmed hedges, dug and maintained ditches, put up and mended fences
* Opened gates and drove livestock to scales, pens, trucks, railcars, and holding and slaughtering areas according to instructions, using electric prod and whip.
Windows, WordPerfect, PowerPoint, Word, Westlaw, Lexis-Nexus, Lotus Notes and Excel.
Get More Agricultural Manager Resumes For Better Job